Yesterday marked 8 months of chemotherapy and treatment #16. While at the oncologist I picked up an interesting little magazine, Guide to Chemotherapy. It’s published by Health Monitor.
The magazine table of contents for Guide to Chemotherapy includes:
- Get back to the life you love – Chemo is your bridge to the future
- Top questions about chemo
- Staying the course – Adhering to your treatment schedule can get you the best results from chemo
- Understanding your blood counts
- The side effects you must know about
- Conquering chemo anxiety – Overcome anxiety and de-stress before your first session
- Chemo mentors – How a support group can help
- Circle of support, chain of love – One woman’s mission to spread hope
- Get the nutrition you need
- Thrive during treatment – 20 tips for taking care of your body, mind and spirit
- Don’t forget about “date nights” – How to keep the intimacy during chemo
- Chemo and your job – Tips to make it work
- Understanding cancerspeak – All the terms you need to know
Now if you are a cancer warrior frequently visiting to your oncologist you might want to check and see if they have some complimentary copies.
Or you can check out the website Guide2Chemo.com. Browse their website … while not laid out just like the magazine … all the magazine articles are on the website plus many more helpful articles.
If you are facing your first chemo treatment, if you’re an old pro at chemo, if you’re a caregiver or friend of someone with cancer – then check it out and see what you think.