Today about lunchtime began day four after chemo and while I was a bit sluggish and nauseous in the morning without a doubt today has been the best Saturday after chemo in three plus months.
- Finished reading Linchpin by Seth Godin … he brings a really interesting perspective to business writing. He has me thinking about work from a whole different perspective.
- Indulged in a hot caramel mocha – my daily favorite – from McDonalds’s McCafe. My grandson had one of their strawberry-banana fruit smoothies and we each had an apple pie.
- Wii time with my wife … she whooped me at MarioKart and Dr. Mario … while I managed to take three straight in Tetris … go figure … still means she is Wii champ for the day.
- Made a trip to the local city park … they have a real nice 1/3 mile paved track that circles soccer and softball fields. While I couldn’t keep up with my family I did managed the post-chemo shuffle through a mile while enjoying a bit of the soccer game going on in the midst as we walked.
- Then we had a coupon for two free dinners from the local Cracker Barrel, so while my wife and daughter went in to order our meals to-go, my grandson and I pulled a couple of porch rockers up to the checker board. I made quick work of him in game one but the little stinker played me to a draw in game 2.
- Brought our meals home … and contrary to popular belief not everything from Cracker Barrel spends time in the Fry Daddy. We actually had pretty healthy meals.
- Next few hours will be spent chillin’, browsing the net, tweeting, family devotional and prayer (obviously blogging is complete) … good times.
- My wife is putting together a challenging Hometown puzzle so I expect some streaming from Netflix through our Roku Player as we watch a few more episodes of ‘Sarah Palin’s Alaska’ (TLC) and ‘River Monsters’ (Animal Planet). (Note to Netflix: Please get season 2 of ‘Swamp People’ streaming … I need more history.)
A good day Lord … a good day indeed … thank you Lord!