Came across this poem yesterday and personally found it very encouraging and thought I’d share it here …
For cancer is so limited –
It cannot cripple love,
It cannot shatter hope,
It cannot corrode faith,
It cannot destroy peace,
It cannot kill friendship,
It cannot suppress memories,
It cannot silence courage,
It cannot invade the soul,
It cannot steal God’s gift of eternal life,
It cannot quench the Holy Spirit,
It cannot lessen the power of the resurrection.
– Author unknown
Just read a blog that was very critical of this poem and the blogger thought most of what the author wrote in the poem was simply pie-in-the-sky bunk. She then set about to counter and refute each and every verse.
So I would simply like to add a few words of explanation as to why I am sharing this poem and how it speaks to me personally.
- The target audience of this poem appears intended to be the cancer survivor / warrior.
- The author’s assumption is that the cancer survivor / warrior is a born-again believer walking by faith IN Christ Jesus according to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Cancer can do things to the body that oftentimes we are powerless to do anything about.
- BUT in each ‘cannot’ verse, cancer is powerless to do anything to our soul, spirit, relationships and eternal destiny … unless we choose to give it that power in defeat.
- This poem is not about how others respond to our cancer … it is about how the cancer survivor / warrior responds personally to their own cancer.
Agree or disagree? Anything you might add?
Have a blessed day IN Christ Jesus my friends!!!