My youngest daughter and her boyfriend are at the Georgia Renaissance Festival today … this is the third time my daughter has gone and she went all out this year on their costumes … check out a couple of pictures.
- My daughter made all the chain mail from Coke can pop tabs … yes, that’s a ton of pop tabs and it took a lot of time. She started making all this after we all went to the festival last year
- Her tiara is of her own design and construction
- She also made her boyfriend’s leather shoulder guard, his wrist protector (not shown), and his belt pouch
- Other accessories not shown: They both will have ocarinas (and are quite talented at playing them) along with daggers (complete with scabbards)
- She also made the shoulder dragons as well … shaping and making them out of clay and then putting together a pretty cool magnet system that keeps then sitting firmly on their shoulders
This is the first trip to the Renaissance Festival I am missing … but all this talk of it has me pulling out my Tartanic CD and playing it full blast … love the drums and bagpipes … yes bagpipes.
Meanwhile two of the granddaughters are also here with us today as their mom is off working the Man Olympics 2012 in Suwanee, GA for Breast Cancer Awareness (Real Men Wear Pink).
What a day!